M&P - Color Bleed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbmurphy1

Reaction score
HELP! I have been making soap for about a year now and I've found many helpful hints and tricks, but I have one BIG problem that I can't find a solution for. Whenever I use red or fuscia colorant, I cannot seem to control a bleed that happens over time if I use it next to a lighter color layer of soap. I am now using non-bleeding colors, but the result is the same. All hints appreciated.

Well, my only suggestion would have been to use the colorants that specifically say they are non-bleeding, but it appears you have tried that. I have never had the issue of bleeding when using non-bleeding colors, so I am not sure what to tell you. What colorants are you using?

The only thing I can think of is to pour a thin layer of clear between the red and the other colors. It still may bleed, but maybe it won't migrate into the other color.

I agree with you Isa! that is what I do to stop the colours bleeding it defiantly works for me x

Thanks Sheila! It seems like using non-bleeding colors should have been the answer, but it just doesn't work if I use red or fuscia. :-( Others have suggested I use a thin layer of clear in between so I'm going to try that now.

Thanks! That sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna try it today and will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back