lye unndissolved problem

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbahaa

Reaction score
evening friends :
i used the following formula in hot process method : coconut oil 35% olive oil 35% castor oil 15% stearic acid 10% shea butter 5%and every thing was OK . then i replaced coconut oil with coconut fractioned oil and stearic acid flakes with stearic acid pallette / i noticed while cooking that there is a lot of lye water undissolved although i get my lye amount in soapcalc .
any advices ?

Attachments

• Untitled33.jpg
    Untitled33.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 0
My guess is that you weighed the lye incorrectly somehow. I recall one class in which my group poured out lye using the weight of another ingredient. Thank goodness that was before we felt confident enough to pour the lye directly into the water. Otherwise, perhaps you tried to combine the oils and lye before the NaOH crystals had dissolved completely.

My guess is that you weighed the lye incorrectly somehow. I recall one class in which my group poured out lye using the weight of another ingredient. Thank goodness that was before we felt confident enough to pour the lye directly into the water. Otherwise, perhaps you tried to combine the oils and lye before the NaOH crystals had dissolved completely.
i thought that at the beginning . so i made it twice and everytime the same result . I always make sure that the lye dissolves in water and I strain it using a strainer.

Are you using a stickblender to thoroughly emulsify the oils with the lye solution?

EDIT: And yes, as @Garden Gives Me Joy noted, did you make sure your lye was completely dissolved in the water before you added it to the oils?
yes . im using stickblender . after the mixture reach to trace i found a lot of ly water in beneath . thats all happened after using the new ingriedients

Latest posts

Back