lotion bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
i bought one at a craft sale, like the idea, do any of you make these? do they come out of molds ok?

I like them better in push up tubes.
They work fantastic on heels and elbows.

I make them in a large muffin tin, and put them in the 2 oz tin .They pop out of the muffin tin easily.I did a lot of research before deciding on the tins . People seem to prefer that they can reuse the tin and just buy a refill lotion tart.

HTH
Kitn

Lindy said:
Kitn what a great idea![/quote/]

I gave my family and neighbors lotion tarts for Christmas. I didn't have the tins at that point , but my neighbor who works in health care loves the tarts and said it would be great to have a container ,so she can slip it in her pocket at work. So I bought the tins from Canwax and she is my best customer (well, my only customer , I don't sell yet ). She comes over and buys all I have , then I get to make more .yay. She gives them to people she works with so the advertising is awesome and free.
I just label the tarts as I wrap them and put one on the tin if she wants a tin.

Kitn

edited cause I am forgetful

It sure works for me and my tester friends. I hope you do try it Lindy , it is about as simple to do as can be .The profit margin is okay too , it costs me 26 cents to make one . I don't buy bulk supplies so that number could be greatly reduced.

Kitn

I recently made some of these too and I love them. But, I had trouble with the clean up since the wax was hard to get off. Any hints?

I have been making lotion bars for a little while now and just LOVE them. So do the folks who get to try them out for me. :) Here are a couple of pictures of them
Lavender scented in a paper mache box I got at Hobby Lobby
lotionbar2_sm.jpg

This one I used plastic mp soap molds I got from Michaels

sample sized
lotionbarsamples2.jpg

for these I used a plastic mini muffin take out box from the grocery. I put these in little ziploc bags to give as samples.

unscented in tins
FofF_lotionbardisplay3.jpg

to make these I used individual mini snack sized glad ware bowls

They came out really easily. After I pour them I pop them in the freezer for a while. If they look funky or anything like that I get out my heat gun (I use for embossing on cards) and melt them just to fill in the gaps or make them look smooth or flat...put them back in the freezer for a while and then pop them out. Have to be careful with the heat gun though as it could melt anything you put the bars in. I also use the heat gun to shrink wrap a lot of my stuff. It's a very versatile tool.

That's a very pretty mold Asil02.

I have a teflon coated double boiler that I use just for the lotion tarts, I just wipe it out when it is still warm and I'm done.

Latest posts

Back