Looking for textile scraps for art journal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've started another expensive hobby - art journaling with a touch of junk journaling thrown in! I've love to have some bits of quilt or calico fabrics, ribbon and lace but buying new is silly because I literally just need bits and pieces. Also - paper like tissue, wrapping, craft, or any unusual papers, or pages from magazines. If you have anything you'd like to get rid of, I'd be happy to pay a bit plus shipping! (I've been to Etsy - an they're expensive for what you get). Thanks!

I've started another expensive hobby - art journaling with a touch of junk journaling thrown in! I've love to have some bits of quilt or calico fabrics, ribbon and lace but buying new is silly because I literally just need bits and pieces. Also - paper like tissue, wrapping, craft, or any unusual papers, or pages from magazines. If you have anything you'd like to get rid of, I'd be happy to pay a bit plus shipping! (I've been to Etsy - an they're expensive for what you get). Thanks!
I wish you lived close to me (Kentucky USA), I would invite you to peruse my craft room!!! Maybe check thrift stores or quilting groups.

Are you in the US? Would small 1" square/triangle pieces of fabric satisfy? Would what would fit into a regular letter sized envelope be enough, or would you like more?

I have a couple pieces of heavy homemade paper and I'm sure I have cloth scraps, maybe ribbons and/or differnt types of cordage. I might even have a few different colored leather scraps.
I'll go through my box of stuff tomorrow and see if I can make up a small flat rate box for you.

I will be happy to send you some. I have a few from my last mask sewing session (mostly black prints) that I hate to throw so I have been using them instead of bubble wrap when packing soaps. I will be making more colorful masks soon so that should yield nicer color scraps. They are 100% cotton (most of them), which I believe calico is as well.

I upcycle used clothing and have lots of fabric scraps, but no calico. If you want to try silk, linen or cotton let me know.

Sure, I'd appreciate pieces you can't use - even lace. Honestly, I'm just looking for scraps to be creative with without purchasing usable fabrics that someone else could use. I guess that's a form of up cycling too!

I have a couple pieces of heavy homemade paper and I'm sure I have cloth scraps, maybe ribbons and/or differnt types of cordage. I might even have a few different colored leather scraps.
I'll go through my box of stuff tomorrow and see if I can make up a small flat rate box for you.

That would be great Obsidian - I love handmade paper. Used to make it with the kids years ago. Pm me and we'll figure out a way to pay for that flat rate envelope.

Back