Looking for a nice Honey FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Honey (L'Occitane en Provence type) from Daystar. It smells wonderful, and sticks forever. No A, but discolors a tan so perfect for Honey.

The Wild Mountain Honey from Peak's is a really strong honey FO. I wouldn't use more than 0.5oz ppo and that's a strong honey scent. It is reported to misbehave so I would make sure everything is really well mixed before adding the FO. I used a whisk and was fine, but my honey didn't mix in well.

You have to go to page 4 of their Premium oils to find it. They are a little strange to navigate until you've been there a couple of times.

I recently soaped daystar's buttermilk and honey and it is VERY strong so far.

It also has a definite almond note as well as discolors to a tan color, but so far, 2 friends have liked it.

hth :wink:

I used honey FO from Sweetcakes and honey FO from Wholesale Suppliers. Personally I liked both they're strong and definitely honey. I use mine for melt and pour but I am sure they do well in other applications....

I'm sorry but i ordered Sweetcakes honey FO and i about died when i took the cap off to sniff it. I knew immediately that i would NEVER use it. I used to be an apartment manager for years. This scent totally reminded me of when I would have to do move out inspections. Imagine a HOT summer day and walking into a closed up apartment building where the renters let their puppies pee all over the carpet. ya. no thanks. *pluggs nose* On the other hand, my friend loves it and wants me to make her soap out of it but I just dont think I could handle soaping with that "puppy urine" smell lmao...just my 2 scents !

ps~ I've tried sniffing it 3 times since then just to make sure...and nope. Aint gonna happen

I like the scent of my Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey soap that I made that I didn't put any FO in at all. It smells sort of nutty and sweet.
Right? I noticed that too with the oatmeal, GM & honey soap I just made. I didnt add anything either and it totally smells sweet and nutty. I was going to order a nice honey FO (once i found one) but changed my mind since it smells so good without it :)

The Honey FO from EBB is a very strong honey FO that seems to stick well. It does discolor quite a bit, but smells very sweet, no almond notes at all. I still like Peak's Wild Mountain Honey. It is stupid strong also. I may make a batch with only 0.25 oz/ppo the next time.

The Wild Mountain Honey from Peak's is a really strong honey FO. I wouldn't use more than 0.5oz ppo and that's a strong honey scent. It is reported to misbehave so I would make sure everything is really well mixed before adding the FO. I used a whisk and was fine, but my honey didn't mix in well.

This is my current favorite honey FO, but I've only used it in M&P for a soap with bear embeds.

Latest posts

Back