Looking for a good Osmanthus/Sweet Olive FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyRogers

Reaction score
I'm trying to find something that smells like what we in the South call "Sweet Olive" but the actual name is Osmanthus. I noticed that Tradewinds has Osmanthus and Taylored Concepts has Sweet Olive. Have you tried either of these?

Ask TessV! I remember reading a post about her osmanthus soap.

Still looking. :( So far the ones from Tradewinds, Cybilla (carried by Brambleberry) and Sweetcakes aren't it. They're all three very nice scents, don't get me wrong, and I thought that the Cybilla version was perfect oob, but it lost something in the soaping/cure process and is now just a nice flowery scent, not osmanthus. *sigh* I have a decent sized sweet olive planted riiiight next to my front porch so that I can smell it, that's my measuring stick, heheh.

I need to try the Living Osmanthus from EOU, still haven't given up on finding the perfect FO, so let me know if you find one that's dead-on.

Well, at least that eliminates some. I'll try Taylored Concepts and I think SOS has one. We'll see.

Okay, I decided to try the one from SOS first. It got some good reviews on the site. We'll see. I'll update after soaping.

Awesome, thank you! I'm still on the hunt for the perfect osmanthus and the perfect neroli, heh.

Tess, I got my FO today and with a sniff OOB, it does't smell exactly like it, but it has some correct notes. However, I must have gotten some on my hair when I sniffed because I can smell it. On my hair, it's really close. LOL :lol: I'm going to soap it (without my hair getting in it :p ) and I'll send you a bar with my swap stuff.

Back