Loofah Soap Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmarvel

Reaction score
Anyone make these loofah soap bars?? I saw a utube video where a lady was making them from a fresh loofa, stuffing it in a Pringles can and pouring the soap in the can. She cut them into 1" round bars. Pretty cool.
I was wondering where you can buy soft loofah??

Wholesale Supplies Plus & Brambleberry both carry them. I'll bet most of the big soap suppliers that have additives would have them.

They are neat - another one on my "to try" list.

Wholesale Supplies Plus & Brambleberry both carry them. I'll bet most of the big soap suppliers that have additives would have them.

They are neat - another one on my "to try" list.

If I can find some quality loofahs I am definitely trying them. They sounds like they would be big sellers. :smile:

I bought one- can't remember where at the moment. It turned out to be huge so I sliced it lengthwise and put it in a log mold. Soaped, then sliced it like I usually do, except I had to use a serrated knife to cut through it. It turned out to be pretty cool.

I have made a couple of batches of the loofah soap using "Chinese Okra" that a neighbor grows. My bars are pretty but it works well.

I buy the loofahs from a local Japanese dollar store, Diaso($1.50/ea). May be this is just me but it is much easier to cut the loofah in slices and then, add them into individual molds - for both CP & MP soaps. I don't have a pair of sturdy hands to cut it nicely and evenly when the whole embedded loofah is in a log mold, even with the serrated knife :)!

My family and friends love these jelly loofah soaps when I gift them on Christmas!

?????.jpg

???2.jpg

Bulk Apothecary carries luffa sponges. 5" for $1.29 each. Good price from what I have seen.

I did my first luffa soap and it need a bit of refining. I have to find a larger mold. Definitely will work on this.

. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1412879651.765365.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1412879696.788897.jpg. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1412879777.654385.jpg

Latest posts

Back