Log splitter/slab cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal43

Reaction score
Did anyone make their own diy log/ slab soap cutter? Can you share pics?

Did anyone make their own diy log/ slab soap cutter? Can you share pics?

I am trying to get mine finished but need to do the last few strings--its pretty rustic but it works great. I just used wood I had laying around and I had all the tools I needed. so what I bought was the guitar strings, the eye hooks and bar to go through them. I thought I made it to cut 12 loaves but I can only cut 10. it cost around $10
20190127_182151.jpg

Wow, nice y’all! Thanks for the pics. Have decided which way way to go.

View attachment 35578View attachment 35579View attachment 35583

This is one my husband made for me. I actually have two.

You have 2 husbands? :eek: Does the one that made this for you know about the other ;)

Joking aside shunt it looks lovely but im somewhat confused how it works though?:)

The one that marilyn posted a pic of is the sort of thing i was thinking of trying to make when i get round to making a slab mould.

How did you attach the strings any chance you could post a closer pic of the attachments you made please?

You have 2 husbands? :eek: Does the one that made this for you know about the other ;)

Joking aside shunt it looks lovely but im somewhat confused how it works though?:)

The one that marilyn posted a pic of is the sort of thing i was thinking of trying to make when i get round to making a slab mould.

How did you attach the strings any chance you could post a closer pic of the attachments you made please?

Ha ha. No, one husband is more than enough. I just stand up my slab and slide the log cutter across the end. Then do it again two more times. I use a 15 lb slab sometimes. I get 4 loafs. I’ll try to get a better photo tomorrow.

Ha ha. No, one husband is more than enough. I just stand up my slab and slide the log cutter across the end. Then do it again two more times. I use a 15 lb slab sometimes. I get 4 loafs. I’ll try to get a better photo tomorrow.

It was the way you worded it that made say that it sounded like thats what you were suggesting lol.

Ah ok i kind of understand now how it works. So you slice it into a loaf then cut the loaves up using something else?

Latest posts

Back