Patch & Lime and Empress soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made 2 soaps yesterday so I could play with my new Hercules soap cutter - love it!

Here’s the Patchouli Lime mantra swirl so I could use it as a splitter…
IMG_1395.jpegIMG_1394.jpegIMG_1391.jpeg

And this one I did alternating layers of blue and white, then did 2 different patterns of a hanger swirl. I used Empress by NS and it smells lovely. 🌸
IMG_1396.jpegIMG_1392.jpeg

Beautiful! Are you happy with the cutter?
Oh my goodness - yes! What an upgrade - my loaf of soap is finally perfectly split in half and measuring a consistent single bar is easy peasy. I was also happy that it cleans up easily. Have you learned any tips and tricks that could be helpful for a new owner, @AliOop ? 🌸

Have you learned any tips and tricks that could be helpful for a new owner, @AliOop ? 🌸
I'm so glad you like it; I still love mine, too, and will probably use it for this month's challenge.

The only helpful tip I learned was from a Tree Marie video where she was using it as a slab cutter, in which case, the handle goes under the cutter, not over it. Does that make sense? I am not a person to whom most mechanical/spatial things come easily, so I rely on others showing me, haha!

Oh yes, I was happy to see that in the YT video I watched (since there isn’t an instruction manual) from La Fille
de la Mer. It worked beautifully splitting my loaf. I think I’ll mark both sides at the right height for future. I was counting each sides grooves to be sure my eyes were right, lol - no one wants a lopsided soap bar 🌸

You just never stop, do you?! That lime 'n' patch looks awesome with quite the complicated color combo. I'm sure it smells like heaven. And what would we do without @dibbles 's smarts?
Can I ask what you used for the blue in the second one?

You just never stop, do you?! That lime 'n' patch looks awesome with quite the complicated color combo. I'm sure it smells like heaven. And what would we do without @dibbles 's smarts?
Can I ask what you used for the blue in the second one?
Thank you thank you, @Zing ☺️. Even me, the patchouli hater, yes, I have to admit it’s a really nice smell 😀. Agree, 3 cheers for @dibbles 🥰🥰🥰
The blue was roughly 3 parts BB ultramarine blue pigment (last of my sample), and 1 part MadMicas Blue Shocker which says it is ultramarine blue based. Blues have been tricky for me, and this one I’m pretty happy with. 🌸

@dmcgee5034 @AliOop I double check by putting the wire in the groove and then holding the ruler behind, but right up against) the wire. I look at the measurement at eye level on both the left and the right edges. So much easier than counting the little slots.
LOL, I did that but I was still doubting myself so I counted, too. I even said out loud “measure twice, cut once” 🌸

Back