Liquid Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to try making a liquid soap using EVOO and I am wondering if someone could help me out with a recipe? I've read that you need to add pectin to get it to keep from separating, is this true?

TIA

Lindy

I've never used pectin. I have some I made 3 or 4 years ago, it's not separated at all.

Hi Deda

Really - would you mind sharing your recipe? Soapmaker just gave me the lye and water amounts for the soap but of course no instructions so I kinda need to know that part.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks
Lindy

Happy to!

I will go through my notes and find the detail sheet with my recipe. As soon as I find it I will PM you with it.

I've had a hankering to make LS for quite a while, I've read Catherine Failors book cover to cover but I've yet to find out how to make my own recipe (like with soap calc). Does anybody know? I don't use palm oil in any soap and I really want to use my own favourite soaping oils in LS.

So sorry I forgot...

You can use soapcalc for LS - just choose KOH, instead of NaOH.

Set the Water as % of Oils to 75 and the superfat to -8.

Your KOH will depend on which calc you use. I know somewhere there's a good article on excess lye in liquid soap, it helps to explain the differences in soap calculators. And the reason for a negative superfat. I'll try to find it. It's saved to a bookmark file on my old computer.

Latest posts

Back