Liquid soap help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canyonhorses

Reaction score
Ok for the life of me I can not get liquid soap to come out right. I do just fine with bar soap. The last batch I made several months ago separated. It has a dark caramel on the bottom that seems to stay half way liquid and the top is firm and lighter colored. I even ran it through the blender after it had sat for a week. I used potassium hydroxide in it. Ran it through the calc. I am sure everything was good. Why can't I get it to stay in a liquid and not separate?

2nd question. I took some of my soap bars grated them up and put them in the crock pot to melt. Adding Alo juice. Can I an enough water alo juice to make it a liquid soap? Or will it be more like a thick cream soap?

Thanks

Does the undilluted paste zap? If it's separating and it doesn't zap then you're not using enough potassium hydroxide (KOH). Are you using a KOH sap table? You need a lot more KOH than sodium hydroxide (NaOH). It also has to be hot processed, cold processing liquid soap does not work well.

You can not make a smooth liquid out of bar soap. It will always turn into "egg noodle soup".

I use the soap calc on mms (the sage) it has it so you can chose which kind of lye you want. Does this one not work as well for liquid soap?
It does not zap. I guess I will just have to keep trying. I did use a double boiler last time. I think next time I will try the crock pot. I am using gm so I know it wont be transparent. It will stay a little more cloudy.

I guess I will just use the bar soap turned to some what liquid for us here at home.
Thanks for your impute.

I've never tried using the thickeners to even out the consistency... but it makes sense. I'll have to give it a try!

Latest posts

Back