Liquid oozing out

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silhouette

Reaction score
My last two batches, dunno what went wrong with them.. It all looked fine.. But When i demolded d soap.. Found air bubbles on d soap, jus pushed it with my finger.. Some liquid started to come out.. What could be my mistake?

It is possible the soap is lye heavy with lye pockets. It is also possible that the fragrance you used caused some separation and the liquid may be harmless fragrance. As Susie said, without more to go on it is difficult to tell.

A photo would be helpful for diagnosis also.

It sounds like you got some separation from overheating or a failure to come at true trace. In either case, if I have oozy pockets, I almost always rebatch. Better safe than sorry.

In order to help you most effectively, we need to know your recipe and what your soap acted like while you were bringing it to trace.

recipe
palm 40%
coconut oil 20%
ricebran oil20%
sunflower oil 10%
castor oil 10% sf at 7%

It is possible the soap is lye heavy with lye pockets. It is also possible that the fragrance you used caused some separation and the liquid may be harmless fragrance. As Susie said, without more to go on it is difficult to tell.

well i used rose fo and i ve made the same batch before with no problem.. the liquid did sting me in one batch.

I had a problem similar just yesterday. My last three batches have an oil layer near the top. I haven't changed anything and can't figure out what's wrong. Here's a pic....is this how yours looks too? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1409775500.435317.jpg

Many Rose and flower fo's in general can cause overheating. Soaping cool and chilling the mold can sometimes help. I have this with my rose where it will be soft and can weep in the middle, where it has started to gel, even with doing all the above and putting it in the freezer. What is happening is the beginning of a volcano which you could very well end up with if you insulate. Best to do if it is just a small area let it cure and extra month or two. Mine always harden up but takes longer, so my rose soap get min of 3 months cure time. If it is really bad such as caverns from seperation dump all into a crock pot or double boiler and rebatch

I ended up chopping up this batch and putting it in the oven at 250 for an hour. It gelled, I mixed and poured. Looks pretty good today. I didn't have luck when I tried the crockpot method once before. I read about oven heating on another page

A photo would be helpful for diagnosis also.

It sounds like you got some separation from overheating or a failure to come at true trace. In either case, if I have oozy pockets, I almost always rebatch. Better safe than sorry.

broke my ph,, so no pic..
but its similar to the pic sassykat6181 has posted here...
i guess rebatching is the option... but i ve never done before...

Back