Lip balm and bath bomb help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citronella

Reaction score
Hi!
Im having a really hard time to find some info on how to make your own lip balm recipe, I have dry skin with exczema so I want to be able to make my own recipe with ingredients that works for me :)

How much hard oils and soft oils should I use?
Does anyone know where I can find some info about this?

For the same reasons as above I want to be able to make my own bath bomb recipes. can I follow any recipe and instead of using the oils in the recipe I just change to the oils I wanna use? Can i skip the essentiel oils?

Thanks!!

If you type lip balm recipe in the search function in the forum you can find some pretty good recipes.

Here's one:http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181&highlight=lip+balm

Most bath bombs are just baking soda and citric acid. Some people add some oils/butters to them like shea, cocoa, jojoba, grapeseed, avocado, etc.

You do not have to add any essential oils or fragrance oils if you don't want to. Some essential oils are good for the skin and that's why some people put them in there.

Lip Balms

You can find some great recipes online....."From Nature With Love" has some good recipes for all kinds of products: http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/recip ... ategory=19

In lip balms, I like to use mostly castor oil in the "liquid oils" portion because it makes them like a balm & gloss in one (which I like). Sometimes I also put a little bit of honey in mine. Honey is a great moisturizer and also gives a little sweetness to the balm. :D

It's fun trying out new recipes. Since lip balms & glosses are pretty easy to make in small batches, it's easier to try them out and find what works best for you without having to use a lot of product.

Good luck!

~Tonya~
www.Etsy.com (Seller: ncfox527)

Latest posts

Back