Lime in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clearhearts said:
I've discovered the most amazing recipe for margarita cookies (http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/04/longi ... okie-form/ if anyone is interested). So after making them I had loads of lime peel left and I wondered if I could use it in my soap. Like maybe zesting it or drying it out?

Was just looking for some ideas, I hate waste! :p

I say do the dayum thing. Go for it!

Yep, use the lime zest it the soap, it should be very festive! Add it to the top and it should hold it's color. Never had any luck getting the color to hold in the soap, but someone may step up with a secret!

Now for the important part - those cookies! Are they heaven? Now I'm totally obsessed. I can taste the sweet saltiness now! How did they turn out?
BTW - Love the blog, another to add to Google reader!

Yeah, that blog is amazing, the majority of her recipes are just awesome sweets!!

The cookies are amazing, we're sitting munching a full cake tin of them the now. It's hard to stop eating them once you've started.

Cheers for the advice on the lime though!

HAs anyone tried that with oranges? I have been thinking about an orange soap and thought about the juice? thoughts please.

I've actually been thinking about mandarin orange soaps using the zest as a pretty garnish on the top. Haven't tried it yet but working my way to it. Mandarin's are the only orange I'm not allergic to (I have a serious citrus allergy just like other people have to nuts :cry: ) so I figure this would be a nice way for me to have something orange...... 8)

Cheers
Lindy

Back