Let's lose 20#: check in thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
This thread is for the people who have decided to do a little something for themselves and lose a little weight in a sane fashion. If you are partisipating please post your progress here. If you have discovered a tip or a trick or a fabulous recipe. please let us know.

OK, so in week number 1 I lost 2#. I did not do much of anything dif. I just used some moderation. I cut the cream in my coffe in half, etc. That may not sound like a big deal, but I was using vanilla creamer at 45 calories a teaspoon & using 6 teaspoons per day.-LOL.

3500 calories equal a pound.

I'm not big on vitamins and natural supplements...simply because they never worked for me. But... a friend told me about Green Tea with Hoodia in it. I was desperate and tried it. I lost 16 pounds! It's expensive, I guess that's why it worked :( I ran out of money and couldn't get any. I've since gained back the weight.
Anyway, just wanted to throw that in there. It curbs the appetite. A lot of meds we take make you hungry...this really helps.
~dixie

ya know, i was drinking green tea (because of the loose weight factor and other good things in it). then i just got blood test back about being anemic and read on line green tea inhibits iron from entering system. where do ya find balance, when you get to all that menopause and other age related stuff.

sorry hi jack. love it that you are doing something about your weight. i can't say i'm in, but i'm def not out. i'm gonna track and get my inspiration from you guys. go for it!!!

I wasn't drinking it, I hate the taste of tea. It is pill form. And I really don't know how long it took, I wasn't paying attention sorry. But I guess that goes to show yu I didn't change my diet habbits other than I didn't eat as much because I wasn't starving all the time.
I have a lot of medical conditions over the past 2 years that have caused me to gain a lot of weight. I am doing much better and I'm am weaning myself (w/dr.'s help) off all my meds!:)

My best weight loss was moving to another country. You don't know any of the foods and just stick to the fruit, veg and cheese that looks familiar.

I have always been short and easily put on weight, and love food - too much! It's something that we reward ourselves with and sometimes we like to treat our selves too much for that instant food high, followed by the regrets!

When I moved from US to Australia I lost the most weight I ever have and was just about a normal sized person, because I went from all these great (bad) foods and variety in the US that I knew well and grew up with to the very small variety in Australia (no offense to Aus). I didn't know what a lot of things were and everything that sounded like an old favorite tasted different, so I just had fruit and cheese and branched out into more veggies.

Then I met my future husband and he showed me the ropes and I eventually found the "good stuff", the chocolate, the cookies, the ice cream, the pizza, and super rich dinners. All I needed was a really stressful last semester of Uni, a scooter so I didn't have to walk to Uni, and a new rental house next door to a take away with great ice cream and I was packing it on like yak, soothing my stress with chocolate and ice cream, I didn't give it a second thought. In the space of 4 months I didn't fit into any of my clothes, my hormones were out of whack and I wasn't ovulating anymore, I lost my motivation, and could barely walk up a hill (because I was out of shape and my pants were so tight :) ). I packed on about 50lbs in that time, and I was so embarrassed by my graduation pics because I was so huge. I really mucked up my body in such a short period of time.

Two years later and we are eating a bit better and taking more regular walks, but it's still a battle. We have had an impossible time finding work and that had been a bit of a downer point so sometimes we overindulge to make ourselves feel better, but we are getting better at resisting rewarding our selves so much because we remind our selves how crap we feel afterwards., and try and reward our selves with other things... lets just hope we don't trade food addiction with shopping addiction :)

I think to loose weight one really has to focus on changing lifestyle habits over time, because for most people I think overeating is a bad habit, and food is like a drug that gives the user a high and encourages frequent use to maintain the high, and we tend to overlook how crap it makes us feel afterward. So if we try to resist the food "drug" completely to loose weight is only lasts a while and we fall back to old habits when we get stressed and need that happy food drug. I guess relapse is a part of breaking all habits, so perhaps one just has to keep positive and try again until the mind has mastered the bodies food urges. Anyway, this is where a big life style change like moving to a new country comes in, because you have to change to fit into your new environment, so it is easier to start fresh and learn good habits from the get go - but not find new bad habits like I did. :oops:

Anyway, I have blabbered on for ages, I would like to be in on the weight loss. We have been slack on our walks lately and I would like us to start doing it daily again! I'm in! :) loosing 20lbs would be awesome, I have a huge stack of my old clothes that have been waiting for me! :)

Well no one likes the process of loosing weight... but while I was here in Iraq I lost some weight. I exercised more and really paid attention to the amount of food I was eating. I did cardio for 30 min a day (not even running) and ate sandwhiches and stayed away from fried foods and dropped weight fast! Now I have gained a lil weight back b/c i'm in iraq injured but I just try not to eat a lot and I drink ALOT of water... drinking a cup or two of water before a meal will not only hydrate you but make you fill more full as well so you don't eat as much! :wink:

I drink ALOT of water...

Me too. I never drank water before but began forcing myself to drink it a couple years ago. Now I crave it. I drink about 3 liters a day.

Yes they say water is best, especially right before meals to help give you that 'filled up' feeling so you don't eat as much.
Also, eat Slowly putting your fork down after every bite and enjoying the conversation more than the food. (tips from Gwen Shamblin)

Poor Tabitha:) you started this post as an update and it is still diet discussions. Sorry.

I seem to have lost another pound. Dp you think it was the 4 hours I spend chasing 7 year olds at the zoo yesreday? I went w/ my son's 1st grade class for their end of the year field trip. Anyway, that is 3 pounds total & I am taking it!

That's OK, we can discus diets. The other thread turned into a why you don't need to diet thread. That is why I started this one. Chat away :D .

Way to go, Tab! Mine not going so well. Came down with a bugger of a cold, meaning no walky, no energy.

I do also drink a ton of water, no soda, BLAH! My down fall is my glass or two of wine at night.

Keep up the good work!

I have lost 10# in the last 6 weeks. I started by joining Weight Wachers and am now just sticking with the smaller portion sizes. The main reason I want to loss weight is for health issues. I have Ruhmitoid Arthrits, and I figured if I loss some of these pound I might be able to keep up (at least a bit) with my 3 year old.

But now after extensive tests these last 6 months they have concluded that I also have iritable bowl syndrome :roll: and I must change my diet yet again to the diet I was on before I had my ghalbladder removed :( . the pluss side is that I have no choice but to lose weight on this crap diet :roll: , oh well.

I wish every one luck on thier weight loss :lol:

So far I have lost about 10#. I have been following (or was following. I'm making up my own now) the Flat Belly Diet. Lots of food and mostly I can't even finish the amount of food there is. It is basically a counting calories diet and since I started to count calories it becomes really easy. I have also been eating a lot of non-meat organic products. I live in a small hippy typoe town so it is very easy to find vegetarian and vegan products. I do eat some meat but basically breakfast is a bowl of cornflakes with sliced strawberries, lunch is a salami (sure tastes like salami but isn't) sandwich, a snack in the afternoon (usually a fruit smoothie with skim milk) and a good dinner. Had company last night and we had a grilled chicken salad. They did not want to eat it and said they were so surprised at how good it was and how filling. No one finished their dinner : ) Plus of course LOTS of water and the book has a recipe for a "special" water. I haven't been making the water lately cause it's a pain. Anyway......it's working for me.

I am trying to get back where I was at the end of October (well... maybe a teeny bit smaller than that, but considering swimsuit model fit is my goal, a teeny bit flabbier isn't TOO bad ). I had been doing a show where I was dancing a lot and I was really starting to feel fit but then the show ended and as much as I kept telling myself to keep up the exercise afterward... it didn't happen. I also kept trying to watch my carbs, but I can't seem to stick to it... unfortunately, if you cheat part-way through the day while watching carbs, and you've already eaten block of cheese... well, you get my point. Soon I couldn't get my jeans on, but it wasn't until I went to a dr.'s appt and they weighed me and it was HORRIFYING, that I really put it into high gear.
Lately, I've been trying to keep more active (going to dance classes, gardening, etc.) and not eating as much and I can fit in my jeans again... but without much spare room.
Lately, I've been drinking diluted organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar every day. It is supposed to be good for weight loss, acid reflux, and good for your skin. I'm not sure if it has contributed to the weight I've lost, but if I'm feeling acid-y it fixes it, and my skin has been looking really good! It also works if you have UTI's.

BTW- I just realized that I've been eating pizza as I was typing this... LOL! (though I WILL say that I made is myself and there was only a little cheese)

OK. I'm just jumping on this thread. I need to lose about 15 lbs. So, my first item is to cut out the snacking while I read before bedtime. Waaaahhhhhhhhh!!! :(

Latest posts

Back