lavender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderland

Reaction score
i made this monday. all went well except i forgot the lavender essential oil. :oops:

i think i did ok with the alkanet tho. :) [special thanks to kitn]

lavender.jpg

Is that a swirl with the alkanet? It's gorgeous! Some alkanet colors I see seem to end up gray...yours is perfect for lavender soap!

LJA said:
Is that a swirl with the alkanet? It's gorgeous! Some alkanet colors I see seem to end up gray...yours is perfect for lavender soap!

i was supposed to be a swirl. :lol:

i used 1/2 tsp of alkanet with about 2 Tbsp of my oils. i let it sit for a couple of hours then i strained it through a tea bag. i wasn't thinking and just poured it in at trace, instead of mixing it with a little of the soap first. i just folded it over a couple of times and poured it in my mold. it looked a bit gray at first and i was worried it would stay that way. i think next time i will use a bit more alkanet.

@ joanne---thanks!

Wow!! wonderland you are most welcome , that soap is beautiful , I love the delicate swirls ..I don't think anyone is going to miss the scent when they have that to look at. :!:

Kitn

Wonderland I have so done that and with the scent sitting right beside me! I get caught up in the swirlies and totally forget the scent.... :?

Very nice! You had good results with the alkanet! I've used it before and my soap turned (and stayed) grey. Hmph. Yours looks good!

Back