Lavender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was sent to me in an email.

Lavender Oil Fights Harmful Bacteria

A recent article from the Journal of Medical Microbiology found that lavender oil, in its pure essential form, may have benefits beyond its traditional use in stress relief.

Researchers isolated the oils from Lavandula viridis plants in Portugal and tested them against several pathogenic fungi. Results indicate this oil may stop the growth of fungi and help to kill fungal diseases like Athlete’s foot by attacking harmful bacteria. Clinical trials are needed to supplement their preliminary findings to determine the full potential of essential oils, like lavender, as natural antibacterial medicines.

Lavender oil can also used as a natural remedy to help treat coughs, the flu, headaches and fatigue.

I use it on minor kitchen burns. I find it really helps to soothe the pain and take away the redness, much like aloe vera.

IrishLass :)

Is perfect in combination with tea tree oil to mix in liquid handsoap to replace the chemical anti-bacterial liquid soaps that are now so much "en vogue"...

Like any other essential oil, please use caution and care when using it. I used to use it on my daughter when she was little. Now she's allergic to it. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back