Lavender Salt Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ca_soap

Reaction score
Here's a batch of salt bars I poured this morning. I am fairly happy with how these turned out. They are so much better than my first batch that I attempted to pour in a loaf and then cut. Lavender essential oil added with a very light touch of lavender oxide then topped with pink himalayan salt.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv83%3B%3A%3Dot%3E2477%3D565%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E25%3B7788427256ot1lsi

Those are some of the prettiest salt bars I've yet to see, ca_soap. Very nice shape, too! They look fantastic!

@carabou. I think it might be a.k.a violet ultramarine?

Thanks everyone. And yes they are colored with violet ultramarine. I used a silicone mold from Brambleberry for them. It's a 12 cavity mold with 4oz capacity. Currently these salt bars are at 6.0 oz. As you can see I filled the mold to capacity, scraped them off level and then added the pink himalayan salt. The insides of the mold are not textured, they are very smooth so the bar has a very smooth finish to them. The bar also has a slight bevel on the sides, I don't see this as a bad thing as hopefully it will help in holding onto the bars and it helps the bars to come out of the mold easily.

Here is the link to the mold I use if anyone is interested.
http://www.brambleberry.com/12-Cavity-Rectangle-Silicone-Mold-P5536.aspx

Latest posts

Back