Lavender essential oil soap issues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ema2020

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you can help me. Whenever, I am using lavender essential oils, I seem to have lines coming on my soap ( not sure if glycerin lines!). I only have this for lavender essential, other essential oils seems to work fine.

I tried changing the base and I tried using essential oil from different vendors but I am still having the same issue. And I don’t think my soap is overheating. Any solution? Appreciate the help.
185FFBD8-380A-47B2-96FB-63D0670BA544.jpeg

My first thought is those appear to be drag marks of some kind. Are you topping the soap with anything: flower buds, salts, embeds, etc.? If yes, do you put any kind of toppers on the other EO/FO soaps?

Thanks for replying.

Yes I put lavender buds on top. For the other soap with other essential oils, I don’t have this issue. It’s only with the lavender essential oil that I am having the issue.

Thanks for replying.

Yes I put lavender buds on top. For the other soap with other essential oils, I don’t have this issue. It’s only with the lavender essential oil that I am having the issue.

Do you put lavender buds on the other soaps? Do you put ANYTHING on top of the other soaps?

Because those look like drag marks, which would form on your lavender soaps where the cutting wire (I presume you are using a wire cutter that swings, so a cheese slicer, single bar cutter, or multi-bar cutter), grabs some of the buds and pulls them (or parts of them) with it through the soap as it cuts. You can try to lay the soap on it's side with the top & the buds facing away from the wire and cutting that way to minimize drag marks. But if you put ANYTHING, like lavender buds & salts, you risk drag marks.

Wow. you know what! I never tried putting on the side and cutting. Let me try this, I think it may work. Thanks a lot, you are a life saver

Latest posts

Back