Laundry Starch?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody

Reaction score
I have a new soap book and there are some bath bomb recipes that use laundry starch. I'm not quite sure what it is. Can anyone tell me what it is or what I can use instead?

Most laundry starch is rice starch, very similar to corn starch. You can substitute corn starch, tapioca starch, naturasorb or pretty much any kind of starch.

The starch is what supposed to be what makes the bombs float. Mine didn't always float with it, so I just don't use it.

Way back.........many many moons ago, I bought starch goo in a bottle. Don't remember the name, but the goo was blue. Then I diluted it depending on the fabric that I was ironing. After all.........you want heavier starch on your jeans than on the pillow cases. Somewhere along the time line, I started using spray starch in a can, then I pretty much gave up ironing altogether.

Sooooo.......what does this have to do with bath bombs? Well, nothing. But you may want to look in the laundry isle at the grocery store iffen you want to try it.

Digit

Latest posts

Back