Last month's efforts...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here we have (in order of appearance):
1. Love Spell
2. Pink Musk ( Patchouli, Anise and Cinnamon EOs)
3. Zany's No-Slime Castile ( Cedarwood and Citrus EOs) Colour staining from the silicone mold
4. Apples and Pears - with apple puree for water content, and Poached Pear and Cinnamon FO

IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6274.jpeg
13260616-8D18-4386-9215-3778B758F690_1_201_a.jpeg
94F75264-BA53-4FBF-8EC9-72759217DFCB_1_201_a.jpeg

Those are gorgeous, just absolutely beautiful!

Where did you get the molds for the 1st and 4th soaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a batch of soap that did not harden so I re-melted it and with my stick blender I whipped it good, added some Tumeric to part of it and Spirulina to another part and re-poured. It seems like the smaller molds are setting but the bigger molds are still VERY soft to the touch. I’m going to let them sit for a while longer and see if the bigger molds will set up. If they don’t I was thinking I would re-melt “again” but this time add a little more lye/water. Has anyone ever done that?

I made a batch of soap that did not harden so I re-melted it and with my stick blender I whipped it good, added some Tumeric to part of it and Spirulina to another part and re-poured. It seems like the smaller molds are setting but the bigger molds are still VERY soft to the touch. I’m going to let them sit for a while longer and see if the bigger molds will set up. If they don’t I was thinking I would re-melt “again” but this time add a little more lye/water. Has anyone ever done that?
Did you mean to post this here? Maybe move it to the Beginners' Forum : )

Nice texture on the round soap. I think I'll try the mat with my mold. Does it get warmer with the mat? I'm wondering if it gels.

Yeah I hate gel. I don't get cracked tops in my mold. They're always smooth. It's rare that it gels but it does happen. I'm thinking the silicone might create more heat/gel. But it is pretty lol

I know soapers who oven process to produce gel lol I did everything the opposite because I hated it. Why do you like it?

I see. I guess if that happened I'd love gel too! The only thing I hate is the way it looks when it's gelling lol. I soap at RT and do all I can to keep it that way or cooler. Thanks for responding. I never knew why some soapers loved gel. 🤦‍♀️

I see. I guess if that happened I'd love gel too! The only thing I hate is the way it looks when it's gelling lol. I soap at RT and do all I can to keep it that way or cooler. Thanks for responding. I never knew why some soapers loved gel. 🤦‍♀️
I also like the texture of gelled soap - more like a hard spongey rubber, than a crispy chunk of cocoa butter type feel.

When my soap gelled it didn't always look the same after curing. I was grateful for that. My soap looks a bit different based on the formula. With gelled soap I was always waiting for the wet spot to blend in 🙄
In my mailing tube molds I don't get a lot of gel. I used to sit several tubes together and it caused some extra heat and gel. I had one batch that gelled and cracked in the middle and soap rose up a bit. That was a non RT batch. Ok, happy gelled soap making 😂

Latest posts

Back