Larger Batching HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I'm persuing larger wholesale accounts, I need to move beyond my crockpot quantity batches. Does anyone here use something similar to a 16 QT Rival roasting pan? It has the double boiler type pan beneath the cooking pan & a dial thermostat, but hate to experiment with THAT much batter before asking the question...
I can use the SoapCalc & get my molds ready, but begs the question of practicality on the size cooker. THANKS!

I have never used anything that big, but my first question is this: What is it made of? If it is stainless steel or has a ceramic insert it should be okay, but some alloys are not suitable for making soap.
Yes, Earlene, it's a granite ware interior & insert, and then the body is enameled but the inside of the lid is aluminum. That might be a problem. I always stick blend to trace and cover the crock pot with plastic wrap under the lid. That might help the aluminum situation. Thanks for your thoughts! Guess one batch will tell.

Back