Larger Batch Needed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftgirl08

Reaction score
Well, I think I am graduating from the small batches of soap. I need to pour much more soap now and I need some recommendations. The most I make per scent is 4 pounds. And I usually do 2 scents per night when I soap.

How do soapers that pour larger batches, handle the soap and then make several different soap scents? I just don't want to ruin the soap by it waiting too long for me to color/scent/pour. How much play time do I have? Do I bring it to a light trace?

I am currently making RTCP.

I'm excited that I am selling more soap!! :shock: :lol:

I make separate batches from the start, actually. I measure out the oils for each batch, and the lye solution for each batch and just line them up and go. I cannot lift huge molds, plus they are more likely to overheat so I stick with my 3# logs.

I like carebear's method. I won't have the arm strength to do huge batches so getting a line up of batches ready to mix and going down the line is an awesome idea.

Thanks so much:) I just got done making 2 pounds of each of:

Dream Angels Halo
Mango Papaya
Pumpkin Pie
Chanel #5

A good day with soap and it's beautiful outside and breezy! YAY :D

i also do mine like carebear. at night after i'm done soaping, i make up a lye batch or two with whatever liquid i'm using -- beer, cucumber, tomato, distilled water, etc. i add silk at this point, and clay. then refrigerate so it's ready for the next evening's soap making.

then all i have to do is mix my oils, measure out the buttermilk or whatever, get the fun additives ready, and be ready to soap! for me, at least, seems to make the time go much faster :)

Hi all!! :D
I haven't been on in a SUPER long time, so forgive me if I am a bit rusty! Could someone lead me to the post that explains the details of rtcp?? It is the method that I am most interested in using once I get the nerve up to finally make my first batch..............I know, seems like it has been EONS since I first contemplated this soapy adventure....call me a dawdler :roll: I just haven't taken the plunge yet....so ashamed! :oops:
Anyway, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
thanx oodles,
Della :D

Back