lard question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manteca

Manteca is not a brand name. It's the Spanish word for lard, so you'll often see that word on lard packages. Yes, that's the stuff. It will work fine.

Deanna, I went back and looked at the package, and, the company that makes it is Farmer John. Due to the Southern California market for the product, they don't bother writing lard in a large font- it's kind of in the fine print. Manteca is the biggest lettering on the package. That's what confused me. Well live and learn- time to make lard soap!

Deanna, I went back and looked at the package, and, the company that makes it is Farmer John. Due to the Southern California market for the product, they don't bother writing lard in a large font- it's kind of in the fine print. Manteca is the biggest lettering on the package. That's what confused me. Well live and learn- time to make lard soap!
I am one of the strange people that have dos problems with lard. Especially the Farmer John Brand in the red box. Second was lard from our many Hispanic markets. Snow Cap and Morrell were much better. I now use Smart & Finals with added BHT. Stopped dos in its tracks

Latest posts

Back