labels for soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Printmaster Pl that I got from Walmart for about $35. Alot of freedom to do whatever you want.

Bruce

labels

Just to clarify, I made my second batch of soap and it turned out pretty good. I thought I would put some in the church rummage sale and wanted to label it somehow. Can anybody give me something simple that I can whip up quickly? Thanks.

Your second batch of soap ever? Hmmm. I dunno that I would sell or even give it away that early. I guess everyone has a different comfort level.

Hi. I'm a newbie soaper too. The issue of when to sell or give away soap is a hot one. I'm guessing that as the economy has tanked, more people are making soap at home and hoping to sell it, though this may not at all be your case. But newbies have come here recently, having VERY LITTLE KNOWLEDGE AT ALL about soaping. They've made many batches of lovely soap in a short time and wanted to begin selling right away. But soap isn't fairly inert like the jewelery we make or the textiles we knit. It's a complex mix of substances that are going to change over time. The soap you make now will not be the same six months or a year from now. I'm learning from listening to others with much more experience that it's very important to wait a good while to see what happens to the batches you make. I know that the scarf I knit for my best friend isn't going to morph into something that's going to give her a horrid allergic reaction. The yarn manufacturer has tested that out already. But the only person testing what possible monster my soap may become is me.

I'm sorry to be so long-winded, but I'm still learning. There's so much to learn. Writing this out is part of my self-education process. Other people here have explained it much better here and here.

Please don't think they're being discouraging. They're trying to encourage us to act responsibly in areas most of us haven't explored before.

Best wishes for your soaping explorations.

Well put Ingrid.

When I hear a relatively new soaper giving sound advice to another new soaper... I smile real big. That means this forum is working!

I also hear the voice of Master Po the Shaolin monk in the old 70's Kung-Fu series with Keith Carradine "It is almost time for you to leave grasshopper." As a response to the statement "When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave." When he is telling his student when the lessons will be complete... Weird, I know.

OMG! I remember watching Kung Fu on prime-time television. Yet more evidence that I'm older than dirt.

And didn't Master Po flash a handful of pebbles at Kwai Chang, asking him to count them in a flash? Uh... As far as soaping is still concerned, I'm still learning to count.

"I can count THIS many! "
**holds up three fingers**

Tabitha said:
So.... does that make me older than dirt too:? ?

Certainly not! You could be watching it on your dad's bootleg CD or that website (I forget where it is) that lets people download old television programs.

I, however, watched it on prime-time back in the days when cable TV meant people in a remote valley linked their TVs to a single antenna on a mountain ridge.

Kay. I'll go back to polishing my walker now.

lngrid said:
Tabitha said:
So.... does that make me older than dirt too:? ?

Certainly not! You could be watching your dad's bootleg DVD or that website (I forget where it is) that lets people download old television programs.

I, however, watched it on prime-time back in the days when cable TV meant people in a remote valley linked their TVs to a single antenna on a mountain ridge.

Kay. I'll go back to polishing my walker now.

Latest posts

Back