Just what I've been up to lately

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the last one. How did you get the marbley effect in the left side ones of the green batch? They look very creamy!
Great job!

LJA asked:
How did you get the marbley effect in the left side ones of the green batch? They look very creamy!

Those are my shaving soaps, the one with the marbley effect is actually a rebatch, I had made some and put way too much bentonite clay in it, so I grated it up. Made another batch put the grated soap in at medium trace, at about 1/3 of the weight of the oils in the new batch. That seemed to be about the right amount for the clay part, they turned out pretty well.

I think I may try this with other soaps because I like the effect. Maybe try a couple of different colors.

x

:shock: wowee! :shock:

great soaps-it would be hard to choose just one! i guess chocolate orange, maybe (i'm a chocoholic!) must smel wonderful!

monet

Tanya I have those moulds!
I can't get them to come out that good though.
They are silicone ones...(the ones that I have though).
Geez I've got enough silicone to keep a plastic surgeon in business. :lol:

I just got some more silicone molds in the mail today. At this point I've got 10 muffin type ones, and several single ones. The rose one is my favorite one though. You really have to pour at light trace and bang that sucker on the counter to get it down into the little groves, some of them still don't turn out too well.

I made bath bombs with those moulds originally, and no they didn't turn out very well.
They are very sweet though. You guys are so lucky over there, you have got such a great selection. I have noticed suppliers over here getting more and more all the time, they are quite expensive though. I find the bakeware ones are cheaper than the soap ones.
And MamaT, I think thats what I'm doing wrong with those ones, pouring too thick. I will do my next ones at really thin trace and bang....I'm just scared of splatting soap everywhere.

Back