just for fun....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6-7 shower but those also share the bathroom sink. probably 4 in kitchen. im now using my first soaps as dish soap. :)

happy soaping

3 at the kitchen sink. 5 in teen boy spawn's shower & 15 in our shower. Soon to be 18 when the sink test is over and they migrate to the shower. Yes, I have 10 soap dishes in my shower. They all hang on the back wall in their little wire cages...it's my own personal little soap zoo! : )

7 by the bathroom sink and 2 in the shower!!! (And I've only been at this a few months) :shock: :D

MsB said:
3 at the kitchen sink. 5 in teen boy spawn's shower & 15 in our shower. Soon to be 18 when the sink test is over and they migrate to the shower. Yes, I have 10 soap dishes in my shower. They all hang on the back wall in their little wire cages...it's my own personal little soap zoo! : )

Off topic Hijack...
Sorry.
I just have to comment... :)

MsB! Just saw your quote!
"In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." ~Elwood P. Dowd

I LOVE Harvey! And good friend of mine played Elwood and I can hear his voice in my head saying these words as I read them. Awesome! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

And now, we bring you back to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress. :D

4 in the shower , 1 shave bar, 1 handmade purchased from a shop & two Ive made. a Sandlewood & a Clarey Sage & sweetgrass.
2 in the guest bathroom at the sink

It's been awhile since I've been here, but have looked back on all my posts and found this the most hilarious. I still live this way! I make soap for us, if you want what I've got I'll let you try it, but no surprises here. Welcome to just a nice, non tight feeling shower. :)

I only keep one soap per shower, wash basin and bathtub. Otherwise I would have soap falling all over the place and a big sloppy mess.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, soapers have to be some of the cleanest people in the world! :)

I have one at the kitchen sink. I have 2 in the bath room. My daughter has like 5 in the bathroom coz she is a gluten (LOL). And 2 at the bathroom sink. One facial bar and one for washing your hands

I actually don't keep my soap in the shower. I keep a few bars in some dishes around the corner from the shower, so they have plenty of drying out time between uses. In my shower, it is impossible to leave a bar of soap within the shower stall and expect it to stay dry until the next time I want to use it. Partly this is because of the design of our shower, and partly this is because I don't shower as often as my husband, so the soap would get wet more often than it is used.

Sink-side soap is another story. Each of our bathrooms and the kitchen sink all have at least one soap dish with at least 3 different soaps for testing purposes, but that is the least because it's in the smallest bathroom that has little sink-side space. The others have at lest 2 soap dishes with even more soaps for testing purposes. The one upstairs has even more because it has more space. My sink-side soaps tend to be of the guest-size or travel-size variety. Of course each soap dish has an insert to allow for thorough draining and drying out between use.

So the bottom line is, how many different soaps are actually out at my house? I couldn't even tell you unless I started walking around the house and started counting! Off the top of my head, I'd say it's easily 2 dozen.

Right now, in the shower we use DH has one and I have one plus a salt bar, so 3. Guest bathroom shower has 2 (or maybe 3). Each of the bathroom sinks have one, and at the moment the kitchen sink has 4 (tester size). So a dozen, give or take...

Currently..... two in the shower, one sinkside in the bathroom, one plus some scraps in the kitchen - 4. But the one in the bathroom is m&p right now (but we're having guests tomorrow and I think I'll switch it out)

I will say that the shower usually holds 2-3 more. I recently used up my shower stash to make room for swap soaps when they get in :)

Latest posts

Back