Just finished my first CP batch in 12 years!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAMommie

Reaction score
Yippee! I was so scared about doing this again. I know I'm weird, but I've been so worried over getting it wrong with the cost involved. I didn't want to have to throw out expensive oils and EO's.
But I'm done with a very basic OO recipe and YAY! I'm so glad! I'm ready to do some more. I've gotta say though...it's expensive using EO's in soap, at least with the recipe I used. It called for 1.5 oz of EO's, that was pretty pricey.
Anyway, thanks for listening to my weirdness! ;)

I understand your excitement too. I started soaping again after a very very long break too.

Welcome back.

It is only natural to wonder "can I still do this?" (whatever it may be) after a long break. And very exciting to find out "YES"

Yippee sounds great and a little decadent as well with all those EO's I have just two soaps I use EO in at this time but would like to play more :0) ..............We love pics :D
so feel free to show and tell..........Happy soaping...........Lyn

Congrats, I bet it feels great. Soaping is such a release for me.
I haven't done much at all lately because we are about to move and I have been busy "decrapifying" my house, and my soap stuff is all carefully packed up.

However, while the experimentalist in me loves using Fragrance oils and I love the array of scents that you can get, my absolute favourite soap of my own that I have made is an essential oil soap, Patchouli and May Chang. Such a lovely blend. And I'm just about to finish the last bar, and no more of those eo's. Once I move I'll buy some more.

Awe, thanks guys! It's nice to have a place where I can rave without people thinking I'm totally off my rocker! My DH thought I was just out of my mind the other day b/c I was chattering on and on. LOL

I peeked at my soap yesterday and it looks AND smells so yummy! I can't wait to get it out of the mold. :)

Latest posts

Back