Is This Site Legit?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive never seen this one, i thought i knew all the places for stuff!

I've been to this site before, but never bought anything from them. I've purchased the same type of supplies (oils and eos) from several sites so that I could compare quality. Nothing beats your own experience. I've found that one site, which stress that they try to be as organic as possible and offer the highest quality actually was not the best in quality but had the highest price. I'd say to try a small order from them and see if you like the quality. HTH

I've never bought from them before, but there was someone else on the forums that recommended this site. I don't remember who it was, but I know I ran across it somewhere and added it to my bookmarks.

To be honest, why buy real Sandalwood ? The plants are dying out due to overharvest, is that really worth it ? I mean, fair enough, if you want to experience the real thing once and buy a small amount for your own use, why not, but if you regularly buy it for soap to sell, maybe it would be worth thinking about the enviromental impact this has and if there aren't alternatives.

I guess I speak easily, as I hate the smell of Sandalwood, real or fake, but Patchouli is a similar issue and I love the smell, but have gone the fake route because of that. I know it's not the same, my FO is not going to get better with age etc but I can live with it, it smells nice to me. Maybe, one day when I have lots of money, I will buy the real thing (and some real Jasmine and Rose EO) and maybe one day I will even find a supplier of real musk but they will never be for soap to sell on a regular basis.

shes looking at sandalwood powder for coloring. i agree why buy sandalwood eo for soap, way too much money.
new directions has some good prices on eos.

That place is legit - it is actually local to me. They are a pretty small operation but the people who run it are very nice. I can't speak to the quality of that particular item...I bought almond oil, cocoa butter, and lip balm tubes when I was in a pinch for Christmas gifts and didn't have time to wait on shipping.

I have used them too for small orders but that was quite a while ago. I had a good experience with them but I now order in large amounts from another vender. I have a little bit of sandalwood powder. It turned my soap brown and I only used a very small amount hoping to get that nice rice red brown color. I wasted my money. No smell either.

Latest posts

Back