Is this site infected?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me neither. There's one on some other sites that will look like your antivirus popping up. If you don't close your browser immediately it'll download itself onto your computer and you won't be able to do anything. I got that one while browsing Photo.net and Google books. So I don't know which site had it. I had to do factory restore to get rid of it.

I have been having trouble with that as well. I think it started about 3 weeks + ago. More than half the time when I access a page on this site my anti virus pops up a warning screen asking me what action to take. I have been telling it to deny access then all seems to go fine till I go to another page. It is annoying.

Bruce

Strange sounds....

A couple of days ago. I was browsing Goggle images and contracted a really weird noise like the alarm on a car alarm. I didn’t know if I got it from there or this site. Every time I open my Internet explorer browser it would start :twisted: ….. very annoying. I finally shut everything down, did a System Restore 2 day previous, then deleted all my history and cookies, ran my virus scanner on the whole computer which got rid of it.
Jerry S :wink:

Bigmoose, that is exactly what's happening. Very annoying, indeed! I asked my son's computer techie friend about it, and he said to just deny access. So that's what I'm doing for now. Thanks for your responses!

weird noises coming from Google...

I found out that the noises were coming from my browser on the Google site. Apparently they were celebrating Packman's anniversary...It made a lot of people upset...
It must have been a coincidence that they removed it just as I ran all kinds of trouble shooting tools..ie my virus scanner, system restore, deleting every cookie I could find.. :) I felt kind of silly though, not recognizing that Packman sound.. :oops:
Jerry S

I'm getting a warning now too = says it's exploit.pdf.

I've alerted the other mods = hopefully someone will know what to do. I'm not a tech mod.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything -

I just clicked on a thread in the general chat (the one about Lost) and it sent me to this website

Superadating.info

I don't think I clicked an ad or anything by mistake... and then it wouldn't let me do the back button! lol! I had to close my browser.

I'm gonna go virus scan... lol

Latest posts

Back