Is this normal for a soaper ? :P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic1963

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is normal to have about 7 or 8 bars of soap laying around in the bathroom, I have several on the sink, several at the tub, and several at the kitchen sink...,

and of course a few thru out the house where I have carried them around an looked at them, smelled them, showed them to hubby...and just put them where I could admire them ?

And have you ever followed your hubby around with a bar of soap saying...Hey..Smell this ? Will you come wash your hands and try this soap ?

Now when we shower, we ask each other........which soap are you using ?

Have we gone off the deep end ? HAHAH

Vic1963:
LOL, I am driving my husband nuts also asking him what he thinks of this bar or that one, if he likes this scent or that... He does like using them though, but he is not as into the scent or appearance as I am. I have three diffenent soaps in my shower now, but none laying around the house, maybe I should consider that too, LOL.
Bnky

Hee hee, that sounds normal to me! I have from 2-4 bars of soap near every sink in my house....and I can only wash my hands so many times a day! I would probably have more around the house, but they aren't done curing yet.

My DH asked "is it necessary to have 8 bars of soap in the shower?" My answer was an emphatic "Yes!" I use at least 3 each time I shower (bar 1 -lather, rinse; bar 2 - lather, rinse; bar 3 - lather, rinse) Better to compare them while it's still fresh in your mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol yes it's normal. Poor hubby, he has sniffed so many. I have a bunch in the shower/sink as well!

Perfectly normal and it gets worse , as long as there is room for another bar in the bathroom , it will go in there . A girl has to try them all out , doesn't she ?

Kitn

Okay, I'm going to be the odd one out and say that it is not normal. I'm very disappointed in you. For shame, for shame! You should have a lot more than 7 or 8 laying around the bathroom- like maybe at least 15 or 20 for starters- and that's just the bathroom. What were you thinking?! You should also have at least another 10 by the kitchen sink piled up on 4 different soap dishes, if I remember rightly. Yep, that sounds about right. I would rectify that right away if I were you!

IrishLass :wink:

I have three in my shower, my monkey farts, my salt bar, and my cocoaliscious. I switch off each day :p
Oh yeah at my kitchen sink is my m/p soaps too.

I've got a serious case of shower OCD. I cannot have more than one shampoo, one conditioner, and one soap in the shower.

I'm currently bringing the shower number down to a manageable level...but here's where I tell on myself...

There's no less than 3-4 sample cuts at my sink...
there's 2-3 at the garden tub...
And at least 6 in the shower right now, with 2 soap socks for itty bitties....

:oops:

I think it's normal, I have 6 in the shower, 8 in soap dishes on the bathroom sink, and 4 or 5 at the kitchen sink. I have chased my daughter around with each new batch saying smell this to the point that as soon as she walks in the door and I've made a new batch she asks, what kind is it now.

I'm single and I don't have the spouse to ask about the soap, but back in July I met a man that is almost excited about soap and fragrances as I am. He has at least 8 bars of soap in his bathroom. He loves LUSH products and I'm trying to help him get over that. He has given me fragrance combinations that I would have never have done on my own. With each new fragrance combination he asks if he can name it. The answer is always of course you can. I will be taking him the latest soaps to try this weekend. I think that they are very successful combinations. I hope he likes them as much as I do. It's a wonderful thing to start a relationship with someone who shares your addiction. I've offered to teach him the soap making process. I'll have to wait and see how that goes.

There's no less than 3-4 sample cuts at my sink...

I have 24 sample cuts at the kitchen sink, all sitting on little plastic tags with the date and type. A friend came over the other day and I asked her if she'd noticed the soaps at the sink and she said "yes, but I wasn't going to say anything", meaning she thought it was odd. :lol: I already mentioned the 22 soaps on the bathroom ledge in another thread. :oops: So you see Vic, you're perfectly normal. :shock:

It all sounds normal to me... and my husband and I both like the selection!

I've got a nice assortment in the bathrooms after a swap, but the rest of the time - not so much.

As a Frugalista, I usually keep the ends of my favorites for personal use. I can't remember the last time I use brand new, full sized, perfect soap. With all the options, scents and pretties available I find myself drawn to the simple, unscented or charcoal or plain goat's milk. Go figure.

In the kitchen I've got an old piece of refrigerator glass with a lid, I keep several slivers of various recipes in there to use up. But again, no full bars.

Jenny/Bubbles, where in Melbourne are you? :D

We've got about 8 soaps in the shower and another 10-20 in the ensuite waiting to be used, so l'm thinking it is fairly normal LOL :wink:

Both of our bathrooms and our kitchen have an assortment.

Where I think you started off wrong though is putting the words "normal" and "soaper" in the same post. I haven't been normal since I bought my first bottle of lye.

So, erm.... does it make me an anti-soaper then that I am too weird about my bathroom to allow multiple bars to sit behind the tub? We use one in it's entirety before I'll get a second one out. When the bar is too small for the shower, it goes to the bathroom sink. I don't keep a bar on my kitchen sink at all, it would get knocked into the dishes on a frequent basis!

I have too many (messy) people in this house to let them have free run of soaps in the bathroom. Even if they only used one to bathe with, inevitably all of them would end up a sloppy, wet mess!

normal for us! I have at least 10 in shower, 5 by seach sink. I asked hubby while he was in the shower what he used and how it was, he said get out! I brought lots up north, the sauna smells SO good.

Latest posts

Back