Is it over yet?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you Cuckoo Bananas, we need to find a nice tropical island where Xmas is banned and we can just live it like any other day... I honestly can't believe that my stepsister spent $800 on her 4 kids, no doubt all put on the credit card and the kids'll break the presents by mid January or want more by then.

Yeah I understand the whole thing with kids and Santa but seriously interupt PROPER news with some guy saying "Santa has been cleared on the radar for tonight.", honestly c'mon people some things are going overboard!

Your're kidding right? I've got 9 (yep 9!) soap baskets sitting on my kitchen counter waiting to be shrink wrapped and I have to be at a close friends at 4 (its not 6:30 AM). While putting them together last night I discovered that I had forgot to make cigar bands for one of the soaps I made for a gift (note to self - when making multiple scents/colors out of one batch LABEL the soaps while on drying rack so you know what they are later!). So... I have to not only label a batch of soap, but finish shrink wrapping the baskets in addition to changing cat litter, laundry, sheets on the bed and a multitude of other things before I leave.

Tomorrow, I'm gone all day and Saturday I've got to make 2 (not one, but 2) special orders so they'll be ready for my customers to pick up next week (cphp, no worries) AND my sister is coming so I'll have to have the house cleaned up from soaping (I really make a mess when I soap, lol) before she gets here.

So much for a relaxing few days off. I know, I'm whining but YES! I'll be glad when its over :D

:D I've got all presents wrapped, a pumpkin cheesecake in the oven, caramel sauce cooking, finished my cranberry sauce, applesauce & sweet potato mash yesterday. As soon as the pie is finished, the turkey will go in the oven.
At 18.45 exactly, we'll be in our car with all the food to our friends place. :p They'll make the veggies & take care of booze.
So the only thing I need to do right now is make stuffing.
First time ever low-stress Christmas 8)

Most people called me to say that they couldn't afford to buy me anything, so I shouldn't buy them anything. We're still getting together and doing all the family stuff... but no shopping! It's been the best Christmas I can remember!!!
I still plan on giving out some soaps and candles though 8)

In my family, we each picked 1 person out of a hat and have a $100 "limit" for their gift (though I got my grandmother who wanted a 19" flat panel tv for her kitchen, so I spent $200... but she's done a lot for us over the years, so it's all good).
Aside from that, I got my husband a t-shirt he's wanted and I'm making him a big bean bag chair (that I MEANT to have done by xmas, but I've only bought the fabric :shock:) and that's the extent of my xmas shopping.

Back