Interesting Find

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So cool of you to share TEG! I do love to find items of yesteryear. It would make a neat stamp.

Wonderful find! Who cares about the furniture - you found soap!!:clap: Although I'm sure the furniture was lovely too.:oops:

Turns out that there was more! Different brands, but all similar bars! Someone certainly had a passion for turpentine soap

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1408107527.004369.jpg

That's so cool! I wish I had been soaping when we helped my grandma clean out her house when she moved. Judging by the age of stuff I remember finding in the kitchen, she probably had some old soaps too, but we would have tossed them :-(.

Any idea how old it is? As a side note, any idea if that is what they used to clean the wood furniture you bought? If it is, how old is the furniture and in what condition?

Would love to find an old FN bar to see how it works for stains. I am a chef by trade and have a hell of a time getting the stains out of my chef whites. I currently use oxi clean and it works ok for the most part but I would love it if I could make something myself that would do the job better and that I could give out to my crew so we would have no more dingy white uniforms. I recently switched us to black jackets for the kitchen and white ones for the dining room because the stains on the white kitchen jackets never send to fully come out.

Have you ever tried Biz? I like it much better for the majority of food stains. I have even soaked stained clothes that had been dried in the dryer in Biz, and had the stains come out! Oxy is oxygen, Biz is enzymes and....something else.

Any idea how old it is? As a side note, any idea if that is what they used to clean the wood furniture you bought? If it is, how old is the furniture and in what condition?

Thats an interesting idea. The chap that owned the house was a bit of a handy chap, so I imagine he got himself in to a right mess now and then, so would have to do some clean up.

As for cleaning the furniture, I didn't know that it was possible. The wardrobe that we picked up is at least 1960's if not older, a good solid wood piece. But on the inside there is a massive stain that looks like ink rather than paint. Do you think the soap would work on that?

Latest posts

Back