I'm breaking up with rosemary mint

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrown

Reaction score
I cannot find a strong enough rosemary mint that stays. I've tried Sweetcakes and Elements Aveda version and didn't get much.

Before I proceed with an official kicking to the curb, does anyone have any recommendations?

I have found that when I combine Eucalyptus & Spearmint FO EO blend from WSP and maybe 1/4 Eucalyptus and Thyme from RE it does stick well. The Eucalyptus & Thyme smells like Eucalyptus EO to me. It's strong and sticks. You will have to figure out how much of each exactly works for you, but it does stick. I'm still trying to decide if I like it though. It seems to me this scent when purchased in candle form from retailers is more of a perfume/fantasy scent to me and not actually Eucalyptus & Spearmint.

I did try making my own with EO but it just wasn't smelling right. So I added about 2 drops of vanilla just to ground it. It smelled nice but doesn't stay, or even smell strong enough when lathering. I guess it's back to square one.

Make your own with eo's

^^^
this

equal parts of rosemary and peppermint EOs. for me it smells just right. last time i added a touch more peppermint to get more of the minty smell.

I guess would try a few things: use EO's instead of FO's- probably start with 3 parts rosemary to 1 part mint and maybe even some fir needle in there. If making CP I would scent at the strong end, mix the scent with clay before adding, and soap quite cool, adding after trace. OR add them at at the end of hot processing - add the superfat and EO's as its cooled down to where the mint wont "flash", perhaps even adding them with clay at that point - though that may speckle.

Latest posts

Back