Icing a Soap 'Cake'

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrapgabbie

Reaction score
l'd like to make a soap 'cake' in some sort of cake mold, l have a few silicon molds here to try out. Something like one of these:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li ... d=12036844

Can anyone advise whether cp soap poured over a cp soap 'cake' will stick? lf l make the 'cake' part one day, then unmould it the next day, should l pop it all in the oven to re-gel and make the layers stick once l've iced it? Or would it be easier to use MP soap for the 'icing' on top of the cp 'cake'?
l also want to add some sort of decoration (curls or soap chunks or something, haven't decided yet) but am hoping l'll just be able to poke it into the 'icing' and that it will hold it strong enough.

Lindy makes an iced soap cake , I am sure she will pop in and answer your question.There are pics of it in the gallery .

Kitn

Hey Gabbie,

I used CP over CP that was a couple of days old and although it stuck for quite a while it is starting to come off now. Maybe someone can comment on MP over CP? Hey Starduster - do you ice a few days later?

I read something about spraying soap with a light coat of alcohol just before pouring more soap that you want to stick to the top. Can't remember where I read it. Seems like it was talking about MP, though.

Latest posts

Back