I think I inhaled lye, Should I see a doctor? Help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I start to have anxiety over stuff while soaping (lye fumes and exposure) I do feel like this. For me it was just my anxious self but I agree good to get checked out just in case.

Thank you, Jules. This is what I was trying to say above.

This is how I feel too, but you still do it!

That's the secret!

I would go see a doctor. I wonder if perhaps some underlying condition got aggravated? I've inhaled lye fumes and I hacked and coughed them right back out! I would look at your FOs or EOs as a culprit. I know that if I spend too much time smelling my FOs, I will start to have itchy eyes, runny nose, etc.

I actually read an article the other day about people who have terrible reactions to undiluted EOs.
Their symptoms sounded just like yours.

Id just be careful and maybe wear a face mask and gloves the whole time you are soaping from here on out.
I hope you are doing well now.

It can be scary to go through symptoms like these, especially if you are alone.

Thank you, Jules. This is what I was trying to say above.

This is how I feel too, but you still do it!

That's the secret!

Yup, I get paranoid easily which is why I am extra cautious. I fault myself for my irrational fears. Lol!

That being said, the more I understand about lye and how it works and what to be aware of the calmer I feel. Cause I have to soap. It's my therapy. So I just make sure I am extra careful for my own sanity.

Latest posts

Back