I need a cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Reaction score
I cannot cut straight to save my life so I need help. I have seen lots of different cutters for various prices so my DH told me to get one but which one? Which ones do you like or not like?

Thanks so much, Deborah

Definitely I've found that while crinkle cutters give you a wonderful look to the soap, they are really hard to cut straight with. My husband made me a wooden mitre box to use with my straight soap cutter (any one would do I imagine) so that I can now get straight cuts every time. If you need specs, I can ask hubby how he made it :)

I can't cut straight either, I have been looking at Budhaffner on Etsy, he has a few different models, many people here have purchased his cutters, I'm sure that he will have something that would work for you. I have my eye on his Mod 3 steel that cuts 1 1/8" slices. Also many people love the Tank from 'For Crafts Sake', it is more expensive than Bud's, but they also have smaller models.

I started with a cheap mitre box, but I wasn't happy with it. I know use one from Soap Making Resource and love it. Mind you I don't sell and make one or two batches a week, so I am low volume, but it great for my needs.

Latest posts

Back