I love Rachel Ray

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
I made this for dinner tonight:

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=4137

It is soo good.

Ingredients

Salt and pepper
1 pound penne rigate pasta
2 firm zucchini
About 3 tablespoons (EVOO)
1 Fresno chili pepper, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup fresh tarragon or 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese, divided
1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped and toasted

Serves 4
Preparation

Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking water.

While the pasta is working, halve the zucchini lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Thinly slice into 1/4-inch-by-2-inch strips – think fat matchsticks.

In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Stir in the chili pepper and garlic for a minute. Add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes.

Add the lime juice to the zucchini and stir in the butter to melt. Add the pasta, parsley, mint, tarragon (or basil), a handful of cheese and the reserved starchy cooking water. Toss for 1-2 minutes. Top with more cheese and the pistachios.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I did some substitutions: I used whole wheat penne and I used about 2/3 of the pasta instead of the whole pound (I would suggest doing this, it was a LOT of pasta). I used pine nuts in place of pistachios. I didn't use the chile because I forgot to buy one. And I did use basil instead of tarragon. I also think this could use some sort of meat in it, just a bit for flavor, like maybe prosciutto.

The cheese pretty much MAKES this dish but this recipe could easily be modified to be vegan. As is though, it is a really fresh, flavorful meal that was pretty satisfying!

My mom always grows an over-abundance of zucchini in her garden every year and i always end up with way more than i never know what to do with. This recipe will be a great way to get some delicious use out of it. I'm saving this one for sure!

Latest posts

Back