I just made my first soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinta

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been browsing the forum for few weeks now and have just finished making my first ever soap.

It was made from 25% Olive, Coconut & 50% palm oils, with a Oatmeal, milk and honey FO. I was going to just leave it a plain color to see what it comes out like, but I could not help myself and added some violet pigment to a certain amount before pouring the rest into the mould, so I will see what I have when I unmould.

I made CP at Room temp, I have a question though, will it still gel? or because I made it at room temp it wont gel?, I have wraped it in some towels and sat it in the oven out of the way, but the oven is cold. or do I not need to do this, cause it was processed at room temp and wont gel anyway, I am not fussed if it gels or not, but am not too sure what the correct resting process is for rtcp?

I will show pics when I unmould and look forward to showing many more.

regards
Angela

Sorry, I'm a newbie too, so I don't know about the gelling question -- but -- I can offer my congratulation on your first batch - I hope it turns out well for you!!!

Melodee

It may or may not gel. Most of mine gel anyways even when mixed at room temperature. Just peek at it after a while and see if it's gelling. I always peek ;)

Thanks for the replies, I did peek, it looked to be starting to gel in the centre, I will leave it alone for now and check on it in the morning.

Here we go, I could not help myself and had to check it out, the soap felt firm enough to unmould and cut.

Well, I obviously need to perfect the swirl technique, I am not sure if I over swirled or just did it wrong to begin with.

But overall I am happy with my first attempt, and have also started on a collection of balls and small chunks for embeds.

Cant wait to try it out.

100_3685.jpg

100_3693.jpg

100_3690.jpg
[/img]

..........and so it begins :)

Before long you will be running out of space, then you have to start giving the soap away to make room for new batches..............then you start to think about moving to a larger home, with (perhaps ?) a dedicated Saponifactory............and before you know it you are yet another confirmed Soapaholic. Never fear, though. You are in good company here :)

Well done on your first batch. It looks gorgeous.

Thats an amazing 1st batch! You would never know you're new to this. I like the layered look, and your purple color turned out great. Purple is a tough color to get right sometimes.

Oh so pretty. Now the obsession begins. You will be looking at everything as a potential soap mold or potential color. Right now I am looking at the trees just beginning to turn color and thinking about soap color. Welcome.

Hi all, thanks for the welcome, you are right it is addictive,
I cant stop touching it, and cant wait to test it.

Its a great feeling to walk in the front door and smell my soap, be interesting though when I start using other fragrences.

I am just about the post my next batch in the photo section.

regards
Angela

Back