I have come the conclusion....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops1

Reaction score
That if l don't stop buying soap supplies
1..We wont eat this week
2..Australia will be right out the recession just with my cash outlay
3..I can forget about that summer holiday
4..The grandchildren can forget about Christmas presents
5..My husband will be after a divorce(see no 1)he does like his food

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now can someone please tell me how to waylay the postman so my husband doesn't find out just how long he wont be eating for?

:lol: :lol: I hear you ! It adds up so fast especially when you have to pay a lot for shipping .

Kitn

I know how you feel. I also make candles and that season is in full gear. Fortunately I can order supplies for both hobbies from the same supplier. My broken hearted grandchildren just aren't old enough to understand grandma's obsession. The oldest is only five, so I don't think he would be happy with getting only soap for Christmas.

I have got to the point where all my supplies were running low and had to do a major buy up .
Our freight is really not too bad at all ,its the actual cost of things here in Australia for soap supples that is the worst.There is basically no competition so prices are rather high.
The trouble is once l am on a roll l am like a gambler( doesn't know when to stop).I just have to have the new fragrance or mica and as for molds they are taking over my craft room.
Oh well it will be like Christmas when everything arrives so l had better enjoy it ,if my husband finds out how much l have spent it might be the only Christmas present l get :lol: :lol:

Tsk. Maybe you need a new husband if he isn't willing to go without food for a week so you can have soaping supplies! :lol: Does he not understand the importance?

I understand. I haven't been working as I am a student. But soaping helps with the stress and there's been a LOT of that this semester. :lol: DH is less than happy that I picked up a new hobby. I say it keeps me from being a total nag!

JenniferSews said:
Tsk. Maybe you need a new husband if he isn't willing to go without food for a week so you can have soaping supplies! :lol: Does he not understand the importance?

I understand. I haven't been working as I am a student. But soaping helps with the stress and there's been a LOT of that this semester. :lol: DH is less than happy that I picked up a new hobby. I say it keeps me from being a total nag!

PLEASE your hubby should be able to go into the forest and get a wild beast to bring back to the table while collecting nuts and twigs n stuff on the way back...

IanT said:
PLEASE your hubby should be able to go into the forest and get a wild beast to bring back to the table while collecting nuts and twigs n stuff on the way back...

Plus strip off and then render the fat so you can make soap from that!

JenniferSews said:
IanT said:

Plus strip off and then render the fat so you can make soap from that!

AND make the LYE from his campfire ashes!!!...

Ya see!! :)

What a way you have with words ..Jennifersews and Ian T

The only trouble is the only wild animals around here are Kangaroos and Koalas.Now Kangaroo meat is known for its low fat level so probably wouldn't do too good for soaping and Koalas are just too cute and cuddly to even think of anything like that.
Now about the Lye part my husband is as skinny as a rake so for him to throw his clothes off anywhere its got to be 30C in the shade(would also frighten off most of the wildlife as well as the neighbors) and since its still winter here thats going to be a bit hard to get around also we are just about on permanent fire bans so we need a license from council to burn anything outside even if there's a river running through your land after our huge bush fires this year.
You have to think of something else Ian T :lol: :lol:

Back