I have another question concerning handmilling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellieT

Reaction score
Okay... are you all ready to dip me in the lye vat yet? :oops:

Does anyone know if I can use liquid goat milk, cow milk, or creamer in place of some or all of my liquid when handmilling?

I currently use powdered goat milk after the soap mixes, but to me it has a funny smell but no one else seems to smell it. Maybe it's because I had to mix buckets of the stuff last year.

Anyway, thanks alot everyone for all of the help. This forum is one of the friendliest I've seen and the only one I've been inclined to join. Everyone else seemed utterly too cliquish for me. :) :)

I only use water or tea for rebatching. I can smell the added milk and I don't care how it smells after a while. I can smell this sour smell.

soapbuddy said:
I only use water or tea for rebatching. I can smell the added milk and I don't care how it smells after a while. I can smell this sour smell.

Haha - I only use milk, as water doesn't seem to leave me with such a nice soap, and I have never noticed a smell!

Back