I decided to try matcha

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A little bit more about me: I'm not a beginning tea drinker. I have drank enough tea over the last 30 years of me knowing I was drinking tea. That said, I really would love to rant about TEAki matcha- it tastes like sencha. Those of you who drink tea and/or may have a higher preference for Japanese green teas, TEAki Brand really disappoints and since it is marketed as matcha but tastes like a different, lower class tea, I feel the least I can to is spread my venomous contempt for this tea.

For the record, I bought the traditional matcha fare but I also have a milk frother for testing and convenience. I've tried making that tea with water at varying temperatures and with both whisk and frother. Nothing helps...

Anyone tried matcha before? If you have, got any good places to buy it from? If not, would you try it?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great in M&P soap!
I also add a little bit to my jasmine green tea. Matcha is an acquired taste but I like it in small doses when mixed with a milder tea.

Back