Hurricane Sandy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been reading and watching news reports about Hurricane Sandy and I find it the power of the storm frightening. I can't imagine how the people in the path of it are feeling right now. I'm praying all the emergency plans are successful. I've also been thinking about SMF members on the East coast and I'm worried about them. I hope everyone is all right and continues to be safe.

I am so saddened by all the flooding and devastation I am seeing on the news. Here in the US south we are used to Hurricanes and storms, as much as you can be. But in the North/East, they are just not so common. It has to be so frightening.

I have family in north jersey, every time a hurricane blows up the coast, it floods the whole town. They live in a low lying area next to a river. So far they've just had water damage. It seems to be happening more often. I too hope everyone can stay safe.

I'm glad your family only had water damage. It's going to take a long time for the East coast to recover from the devastation.

@ AngelMomma - I don't think I could ever get used to hurricanes. Very scary.

umm Hazel, dont you live in tornado ally? To me those are way scarier. maybe its just me, or maybe because there have been so many so close to my house. I guess they'er both pretty bad...

Not really. I live farther away from the area where tornadoes hit frequently. We get tornadoes going by but they generally bypass us by several miles. Of course, I'm afraid of tornadoes, too. They're scary because you don't know whether they'll change direction but they also don't last long. But hurricanes last for hours and not only is there the wind, but also torrential rain, flooding from high waves plus they can produce tornadoes. Tornadoes are destructive but hurricanes seem more destructive and they cover a larger area.

Back