Hubble bubble

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starduster

Reaction score
One of the bats in my bellfry has kicked out and is devising a special soap for my grandaughter Emily, her dad and me to make soon when they come up for a weekend.
Spellbound.Yes I will use that pefume.
I will premake and cut out soap -stars and moons to go in it in those magical purples, pinks and aquas.
Some Mp soap' so the spell components can be seen.I will have fun making tiny soap eyes of newts.
I was thinking of borrowing the fish in a bag idea to make Spell bags, maybe using thick clear vynal as the purse.
Now this is what I hoped some one could help with apart from any other ideas you want to throw in.
The top of the spell bag witch will appear to be open with small stars tumbling out needs some froth and bubble topping. How could I do that.
Ps: I can't see much profit margin in this one with all that fiddly stuff but we will have fun.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds adorable!

Be sure and post lots of pics - finished products and most importantly the process!

Sure will

Oh I surely will but they could be a couple of weeks off.
In the meantime I have rearranged my Soap Kitchen, the one that I sometimes use for preparing food in.
Getting everthing laid out for easier use and finding.Soon I will make the first colours for the enhancements.
Maybe someone knows the cheapest place to get some cosmetic glitter in Australia.Must add that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sound beautiful! Waiting for the pics............... :lol:

Digit

Last time I checked, I think Aussie Soap Supplies had the cheapest price on cosmetic glitter BUT they have a $40 minimum mail order.

Heirloom Body Care have the cheapest prices for mica that I've found, and have a larger range of colors in the glitter, as well as no minimum order (I'm pretty sure).

Have fun, it sounds like they are going to be so cool!! We need piccys when you're done! :lol:

Recieved the spell bound

:lol: I have picked up my parcel of ingredients.
I am greedy, I would like to order $1000000.oo soap ingredients and have somewhere magical to store it and off course gorgeous anf loving ways to sell it.
Anyway enuff of the day dreams.The spell Bound type fragrance is utterly a song to my nose.I like it even more that Youth Dew that I got last time. 100 mils for$7.00 from www.escentialsofaustralia.com.
My first melt and pour was in it too.I have to wait till the following weekend to share that project but I used some on a Ferral Fairy Forest Cake I had previously made to hold on the leaves and things.
More adventures to come.
:lol:

Interested in seeing the outcome. Sounds fun. Try making some bubble out of clear melt and pour. I am sure that could work if you poured a thin layer and then maybe rolled some bubbles? worth a shot I guess. Oh the wonder of magic!

Tested one

Thankyou for that suggestion Kitchen witches.
Plus the other thoughts offered from Deda, Lindy,Digit and Becky
Luckily I decided to do a test run last night.
Although the vynal pouch was okay,I feel a latex mold made by me later on in the proper shape of a spell purse will be better.
Then I realised I will have to fully cure the stars and moons first before making MP the purses as the clear MP dosen't get cured.
Learning curve is getting steeper. :roll:
All in all I have decided to put this one on hold till I am better prepared.To be honest, as it is it just looks like a blob with stars and moons in it.
Thanks for all the ideas as I will definitely be doing this but not so soon.
Also I really feel I shall need some cosmetic grade fairy dust which I havnt got yet.It doesn't have that real magic look with out it.
My grandaughter is 8 :lol: so she will not mind substituting this projct for a more complicated CP soap. Now back sit on the wishing toadstool to get a different idea.

Re: Wonderfull spellbound cup cakes

starduster said:
We ended up making spell bound cup cakes this time round.It was a trully magical time.

They look absolutely divine Starduster! Good enough to eat. Your GD is a beautiful looking girl with the most gorgeous smile :wink:

Tanya :)

Latest posts

Back