HP "swirl" attemps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
Here are my attempts at swirling HP.

My first is a blue on blue, not really a swirl. I didn't mix the dark blue enough. Oh well! It has kaolin clay in it for my face. Scented with a mix of essential oils for "clear skin".
soap003.jpg

This is my second attempt. It's scented with basil sage and mint from BCN.
soap002.jpg

Very cool HP -- look great to me!
Wish my HP was 1/2 so nice.

I put a wet dish cloth over the top of my last HP and
massaged it a bit! LOL Smoothed it fairly well.
Think I would be better slicing the tops off like yours --
yours look really nice.

CastorFan said:

yours look really nice.

Thanks! I ended up using 0.5 oz liquid SL in these batches. I discounted the water in the blue one to 5.3 oz and I didn't like it. Too dry. 6oz ppo was perfect. I only do 1lb batches though. I'm debating slicing the tops off the green and white soap, but don't want to lose the volume. It's a guy soap anyway and they like rough stuff, right?

I was trying to think of a way to get a smooth top. It cools off so quickly.

those are really pretty....:) both of them.

I think about cutting my tops off, but I hate to waste the extra soaps

...but again, they could be saved for chunky soaps I guess.

WOW, nice hp! I leave the fluffy bumpy tops on most of my soap. However, if I dont, I slice them and put them in zip lock baggies and make soap balls with my scraps. I wont waste one single bit of soap. :roll:

bconrade884 said:
WOW, nice hp! I leave the fluffy bumpy tops on most of my soap. However, if I dont, I slice them and put them in zip lock baggies and make soap balls with my scraps. I wont waste one single bit of soap. :roll:

I should've saved my scraps. I literally have no where to put one more thing in my small house. I have too many hobbies. My nickname is Project Patti (from the girls where I get my haircut). They always ask me what's next?

Anyway, I could've made little pastel colored soap balls embedded in a white soap. So pretty...

BTW, the basil sage and mint reminds me of Irish Spring and green tweed. It's growing on me. I only used 0.5 oz ppo for the soap and it's not too strong. this type would probably give me a headache if there was too much.

Milla said:
I should've saved my scraps. I literally have no where to put one more thing in my small house. I have too many hobbies. My nickname is Project Patti (from the girls where I get my haircut). They always ask me what's next?

Do you have any extra room in your deep freeze ( if you have one ) .You can shred it and double bag it and store it in your freezer .

Kitn

no deep freeze. I can find room if I really try. This winter I can put them in my garage! LOL! I just know that I will never use them despite my good intentions.

Vic1963 said:
I think about cutting my tops off, but I hate to waste the extra soaps

...but again, they could be saved for chunky soaps I guess.

Yesterday, I put the HP soap scraps in the next HP batch. They melt in
no problem -- now various colors? THAT would be a problem.

CastorFan said:

yours look really nice.

Thanks for the tip! I used a wet dish cloth last night on my Dragon's Blood soap and got the tops smoother than without it. Enough that I don't have the urge to cut them off. I can't believe how sudsy the towel got! Also Vic1963's tip on pushing the sides down to mound the middle is an excellent tip. No more horns!

Milla said:
CastorFan said:

Thanks for the tip! I used a wet dish cloth last night on my Dragon's Blood soap and got the tops smoother than without it.

Cool beans! (Singing badly) "I'll get by with a little help from my friends"

Latest posts

Back