HP help ( liquid soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) is for making liquid soaps
Sodium Hydroxide is for cold process, hot process solid bars soaps

I looked this up the other day, and it's because KOH is more water soluable and NAOH is not. To get NAOH to disolve in water would take a very large amount not to congeal.

Which will give you a "snot" consistency. And if you add enough water to not get the snotty consistency, then what you have is basically a slightly soapy water.

You can, however, make a good liquid soap with a blend of KOH and NaOH.

Be careful of using the term "lye" for NaOH, because "lye" can actually mean either.

No, you need KOH to make liquid soap. Grating bar soap and adding water to it will make some sort of liquid, but it will not give you the same results as true liquid soap made from KOH.

No, you need KOH to make liquid soap. Grating bar soap and adding water to it will make some sort of liquid, but it will not give you the same results as true liquid soap made from KOH.

Right on that front. If you're asking this question expecting the same results with naoh as for koh then you will be disappointed. But naoh liquid soap can be done.

Which will give you a "snot" consistency. And if you add enough water to not get the snotty consistency, then what you have is basically a slightly soapy water.

You can, however, make a good liquid soap with a blend of KOH and NaOH.

Be careful of using the term "lye" for NaOH, because "lye" can actually mean either.

I haven't tried my hand at it but I heard that combination soaps are the creamiest !

Latest posts

Back