HP Boiling Overflow

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egirlxx7

Reaction score
I was working on a hot process soap, I heated the oils and left it on low for some time, when I added the lye the soap started to bubble hard and boiling up. some spilled over,

but the look of the oils looks a bit tinted from its normal, its just OO,CO

I turned it off and haven't touched it, aside from cleaning up the mess.

I would like to know if this should be dumped or what should I do, I'm thinking the oil that spilled out will make the soap lye heavy and in the pot it looks like heavy separation, which is also unusual despite how much i SB it. :cry:

NO I have this happen on a fairly regular basis and I just keep stirring it down until it settles again. I find that at a certain point if I start SBing hard I get the volcano but I can stir it down and shortly after it's ready for me to pour.... So at this point I am going to say if you can still get it into a mould to do so... If not then you can rebatch it and then pour it.

Ok thank you

However, this batch cooled several hours ago, I will resume in the morning, hoping this will still be okay, too exhausted now
:oops:

Back