HP and Rebatch Very Gooey and Melty

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullamoon

Reaction score
I've been soaping for over a year now and have many batches under my belt. All of my HP and rebatch batches get very gooey in the shower, and some of them are have cured a year!

All of my CP soaps using the same recipe are nice and hard, lather fine in the shower and last a while. Some of them gelled and they are fine, but the ungelled CP batches are my all-time favorites. So I think all of my future batches will be CP ungelled (if I can prevent it).

Just thought I'd share...

Quite peculiar ... are you rebatching with distilled water ?

Also, by gooey, do you mean slimy ?

These kinds of questions frustrate me too. Understanding how everything works and why is the key to having controll over the end product. I fully intend to explore these qualities of soap and find the answers once I'm finished with my chemistry degree.

sudbubblez said:
These kinds of questions frustrate me too. Understanding how everything works and why is the key to having controll over the end product. I fully intend to explore these qualities of soap and find the answers once I'm finished with my chemistry degree.

If/when you find out, don't forget to let us know! :)

IrishLass :)

They are rebatched with a smidge of distilled water or not rebatched at all but made in the crock pot. They LOOK fine, but once in the shower, they get all mushy and oily/gooey. SO disappointed!

Back