Howdy from the snowy Northeast

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakelodge

Reaction score
I am a newer CP soaper....tonight I've just completed my 3rd batch. LYE is what makes me the most afraid....BUT, tonight, I looked more like a human soaping than something from another planet. I ditched those elbow high thick gloves for my blue nitrile gloves, opted for a face mask and used my glasses v.s. the goggles. I mixed the lye water on the deck in the screen room as the snow softly fell. Like a Hallmark Movie lol....Used every last drop of the soap into the mold...and put it to bed...;)

I started out doing body products, I actually didn't mean to start a business, it was more of me looking for a solution. But I SWORE I'd never do soap, EVER....yeah, okay....now I'm so hooked....

I've been doing body products for two years now, one year testing and creating, the 2nd year selling to the public and this third year will be now streamlining the product line, setting up my plan for the next year and getting to another level.

I enjoy what I do! So I look forward to reading stories, getting tips and learning to be LESS AFRAID OF LYE!

Welcome, Lakelodge!

I remember my first time soaping- I was literally covered from head to toe with just my eyes peeping out of goggles. lol
My mainstays nowadays are just my nitrile gloves and goggles......along with the addition of my makeshift mask for when I'm mixing my lye water.

For the safety of your eyesight, you may want to rethink wearing only glasses when soaping. I say that because there have been a few reported instances by some of our members who were wearing glasses instead of goggles while soaping, of getting lye water or raw soap batter into their eyes from accidental splashes while mixing- the splashes made it up underneath the gaps in the glasses and right into their eyes. And I, too, have had a few accidental splashes to my face that if it were not for my goggles, would have gone into my eyes. Better to be safe than sorry.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back