How to dissolve steric acid help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamela

Reaction score
I love this recipe that I have that used steric acid but I don't like the look of it when the soap cures. I was just curious, does anyone have tips on perhaps getting the acid to dissolve a little bit better? I thought about putting in the lye water but again I don't want to try it and then blow up my kitchen from the result of it. Some help would be great in this issue before I try something disastrous! *lol*

How have you been using it?

When I used to use it, I always melted it with my butters.

Also, how much are you using per lb of oils?

I put my stearic in with my oils and let it melt. I also do it in the crock pot so I can keep it warm while waiting on the stearic to melt and I also find that it can cause the soap to seize so I HP it.

I add the stearic to a few tablespoons of my base oils and melt it separately, then add it in at medium trace because it will thicken the soap FAST, then I HP it. Soaping anything with high stearic should be done at warmer temps, otherwise the stearic will get cold and solid and separate out and leave streaks and/or spots.

Thank you so much for all the great info and tips!!! You guys rock!!!! :)

Latest posts

Back